Female wellness is a term that once referred only to preventive and interventional treatment for conditions that commonly affect women.
This type of care might include blood panels specifically for women to measure iron, thyroid function, cardiovascular risk, etc. It also can refer to a woman’s functional reproductive health and cancer risks.
Today, feminine wellness encompasses all that, as well as genital health.
Maybe it Was the Vagina Monologues
In 1996, the award-winning play, The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler started to normalize talking about female genitalia without any shame.
The play has been staged many times around the world and has had a tremendous effect on the ability of women to take pride in their private parts and address any issues they may have more openly.
From Urinary Incontinence to Sexual Dysfunction
Now that women have real options to correct feminine health problems, they no longer have to live with cosmetic and functional concerns such as enlarged labia, incontinence, and sexual discomfort or dysfunction.
The following treatments are available to help women facing these issues:
- Vaginal rejuvenation: This is a catch-all term that includes a number of treatments that can restore the ability to receive intimate pleasure, relieve pain, and heal delicate vaginal tissue.
- O-Shot®: This treatment uses platelet-rich plasma (PRP) obtained from your own blood. PRP is a mixture of plasma and platelets with tremendous healing and regenerative abilities. This PRP is injected directly into the G-spot, clitoris, and vagina to heal and restore normal functions, often resulting in better orgasms and less urinary leakage.
- STEMVagé™ & STEMVagé™+: This procedure uses liquified fat obtained by minor liposuction. This “nanofat” includes stem cells that are injected into the vagina, G-spot, and clitoris. Nanofat can be combined with platelet-rich plasma to achieve even more powerful rejuvenation.
- FemTouch™ Vaginal Resurfacing: Laser technology is used to create painless micro-injuries in the vaginal lining. This process triggers the body’s healing response and is designed to reduce sexual pain, increase lubrication, and possibly tighten the vagina. This treatment can also improve urinary control. (Three to four treatments are recommended.)
- SoftWave® Therapy: The power of the TRT UroGold 100™ SoftWave® device can significantly reduce or eliminate vaginal discomfort. Low intensity shockwaves, which are painless, This acoustic shockwave machine reduces inflammation, relieves pain, encourages collagen production, and regenerates nerve fibers. It may also improve your ability to orgasm.
Feminine Wellness Redefined
Now that women have treatments available to rejuvenate their feminine and sexual health, many common conditions can be reversed or greatly improved.
Feminine Health in Los Angeles, CA
Call Dr. Alter today if you live in or near Los Angeles and have experienced vaginal pain, sexual dysfunction, urinary incontinence, or other feminine health issues. He can help you find the treatment that will restore control and natural sensation.